Wolf Awareness Inc. has played an active role in influencing public policies pertaining to wolf conservation.
Highlights of our achievements include:
- Influencing the termination of illegal wolf bounties in Ontario
- Influencing the termination of wolf control in wintering deer habitat in Ontario
- Helping to establish greater protection for wolves in Algonquin Park, Ontario
- Playing a key role in revising the Ontario Canid Policy, which included the first and most comprehensive review of wild canid ecology and management in Ontario
Wolf Awareness Inc. functioned as the umbrella organization of the Central Rockies Wolf Project. The Central Rockies Wolf Project has contributed to wolf conservation initiatives by:
- Providing information to land managers on the structure and dynamics of the Central Rockies wolf population
- Providing critical information to the Banff National Park Bow Valley Study, on the effects of human disturbance on wolves
- Providing critical information to the Yellowstone to Yukon Biodiversity Coalition, on wolf movement corridors in the Central Rockies.