“Wolf Awareness Inc. is a non-profit charitable foundation, whose primary goal is to foster an awareness and appreciation of wolves, wolf ecology and conservation.“
Wolf Awareness Inc. will act to:
- develop and implement educational programs and support scientific wolf research,
- promote positive attitudes towards predators in general, the wolf in particular, and an appreciation of the environment of which we are all a part,
- facilitate coexistence between wolves and humans,
- share scientific and community approaches to wolf conservation,
- foster coexistence among wolves and humans at every level of society.
We are committed to wolf conservation through scientific research and public education regarding the ecology of the gray wolf, Canis lupus. WAI has worked closely with wolf research projects across Canada, receiving the most up-to-date information about studies while providing donated funds to support research that has improved our understanding of this extremely intelligent and social large carnivore.